We invite you to take part in seven meetings, one per month, beginning September 2019. Each meeting centers on a question common to all therapists. Two colleagues from different perspectives will guide the conversation. There is no charge but registration is required. Continuing education credits of Psychologists, Social Workers, and other licensed professionals.
Seven Fundamental Questions
1. What are typical problems and conflicts that bring people to therapy? (click here for event details and registration)
2. How can we define therapy to ourselves and explain it to our patients/clients?
3. What counts as progress in therapy?
4. What characterizes "the good hour" and “the bad hour”?
5. How can we develop our individuality and competence as therapists?
6. What kinds of therapist feelings interfere with therapy?
7. When should one seek consultation about a patient/client?
Fall 2019 meetings: September 12; October 10; November 14 at Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital, from 7:00PM until 8:30PM.
For more information, contact Volney Gay, volney.P.Gay@Vanderbilt.edu 615. 305.5025. Register for each meeting online or RSVP to Barbara Sanders, BarbaraSandersLCSW@gmail.com 615.414.2553